Conscious Discipline is a social and emotional curriculum based on brain research and developed by Dr. Becky Bailey. Conscious Discipline is built on love and empathy. It empowers adults to first make changes within themselves, and in turn we help empower our children to understand their emotions, have empathy, and conflict resolution skills.
Conscious Discipline is about creating a family environment where all are connected and invested in each other. Each day is filled with “rituals” to help build bonds and strengthen relationships within our community. Each member learns ways to interact, solve problems, and have empathy with others.
Conscious Discipline has the following 7 powers for self-control:
- The Power of Attention: What you focus on, you get more of.
- The Power of Love: See the best in each other.
- The Power of Acceptance: This moment is as it is.
- The Power of Perception: No one can make you angry without your permission. You control your feelings.
- The Power of Intention: Conflict is an opportunity to teach.
- The Power of Free Will: The only person you can make change is yourself.
- The Power of Unity: Focus on connecting instead of trying to be “special.”
Once we have learned self-control within ourselves- we are able to connect to the 7 skills of discipline.
- The Skill of Composure: Be the person you want your child to be.
- The Skill of Assertiveness: Setting limits in a respectful way.
- The Skill of Making Choices: Empowering our children to make choices and build their self-esteem.
- The Skill of Encouragement: Focus on connecting with your child, Honor the choices and decisions they have made.
- The Skill of Positive Intent: We all make mistakes, and we learn from them.
- The Skill of Empathy: Help your child develop sensitivity to others by responding with empathy to them.
Link we love: